The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration. Collector in the Cadre of I.A.S heads the District. He acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his jurisdiction. He deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, general elections, arms licensing etc.The Additional Collector/ District Revenue Officer runs the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District. He is also designated as Additional District Magistrate. He mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
The District Revenue Officer (DRO) and Deputy Collectors assists the Collector in discharging their duties. The District Revenue Officer looks after all the branches of the Collectorate. He deals mainly with general administration and is vested with supervision of day-to-day functions of the Collectorate.
The Project Director, District Rural Development Agency in the cadres of IAS/DRO , Personal Assistant Panchayat Development in the cadre of Deputy Collector, Municipal commissioners & Executive Officers of Town Panchayats are assisting the collector in panchayat development and urban local body related works.
Collectors of Virudhunagar District – Till Date (PDF 23 KB)
- Section A :: Deals with Establishment, Office Procedures, Jamabandhi, Tapal and Despatches.
- Section B :: Land – Patta Transfer, Land Transfer, Land Lease and Encrochments.
- Section C :: Deals with Law & Order, Magisterial (Court/Legal) matters.
- Section D :: Land Acquisition, Railway lands, Elections and Record Keeping.
- Section E :: Examinations, District Gazette,Buildings, Audit, RTI, Land Revenue, House Building Advance.
- Section F :: Budget, Reconciliation, Salary,Pay Fixation, Grievances Redressal Cell, Mass Contact, CMCELL, RR Act, VVIP.
- Section G :: Social Security Scheme,CMUPT and CM Relief Fund.
- Section H :: Land Reforms and Natural Calamities.
- Section P :: BC Welfare.
- Section S :: Public Distribution System and Civil Supplies.
- Section W:: AdiDiravidar and Tribal Welfare.
- Survey:: Survey Matters.
- PO(DRDA) : Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- PA(NM) : School Noon Meals Related Activites
- AD(audit) : Audit and High Level committe
- AD(P) : Panchayats Related Activities